Immigration, Residency and the Law in Canada
At the law office of Yasmeen Nizam, we make the transition from immigration to permanent residency streamlined and easier for our Alberta clients. Over the past 10 years, we have helped a great many individuals move to Canada and assisted many organizations in hiring skilled workforce from different parts of the world. This has improved the quality of life for eligible immigrants and driven value for businesses.
We help people figure out the best way to obtain permanent residence.
The immigration process for permanent residency is different than for temporary residency. In either situation you are advised to have a lawyer.
Types of Permanent Residency
With the law office of Yasmeen Nizam, you get comprehensive representation in seeking permanent residence anywhere in Alberta. Businesses and corporations looking to hire internationally are sometimes advised to run background checks on potential employees before approaching them to ensure that they will be reliable and trustworthy personnel within the enterprise, rather than simply using the employment opportunity as a doorway into Canada.
Running background checks and verifying the authenticity of potential employees can also help your business become more aligned with regulations and grow as an international workforce at the same time.
When it comes to permanent residency, Yasmeen Nizam offers a wide range of immigration law services, including:
- Canada’s Express Entry Program – Eligible candidates will be awarded permanent residency quickly with this program – subject to terms and regulations.
- Spousal Sponsorships – The spousal sponsorship program has changed significantly over the past few years. However, legitimate couples are encouraged to apply.
- Canada’s Permanent Resident Card – Getting the PR card depends on your current status in Canada and how many points you have collected to be awarded citizenship.
- Canada’s Skilled Worker Program – Essential for employers in making sure they hire the right person for the right job at the right time.
- Canada’s Skilled Trades Program – Essential for employers who want to hire potential employees from overseas.
- Permanent Residency under Alberta’s Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) – This program is regulated by the province of Alberta and is subject to change at any time.
Permanent residence in Canada means that you are now part of our nation and a member of the society. As such, you now represent Canada within the country and overseas. You also have the opportunity to contribute to the local economy through your skills and employment.
After obtaining your permanent residency you are well on your way to achieving full citizenship. Your lawyer will be able to advise you on the exact steps you need to take.
At the law office of Yasmeen Nizam, we make sure that our clients are updated with the latest immigration policies and reforms that affect their lives, helping them and their employees become permanent residents within the nation.
There are basically three classes of immigrants in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act of Canada. Family reunification, economic immigration and refugee class. Here they are exactly as they appear in the legislation.
Law – From the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act of Canada:
Section 12 – Selection of Permanent Residents
12. (1) A foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
(2) A foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.
(3) A foreign national, inside or outside Canada, may be selected as a person who under this Act is a Convention refugee or as a person in similar circumstances, taking into account Canada’s humanitarian tradition with respect to the displaced and the persecuted.
Call Edmonton Immigration Lawyer Yasmeen Nizam Today!